"Not Blood Paint is a theatrically vivid—and sonically intense—four-piece from Bushwick, formed in 2008
by guitarists George Frye and Joe Stratton, bassist Mark Jaynes and drummer Seth Miller.
Musically, it’s a group impossible to pigeonhole, far removed from traditional verse-chorus-verse structures. The songs manifest as detailed stories that worm into the minds of always-shifting narrators."
01. Take Another Chance 02. Play Nice 03. I am an Angel 04. Trial by Fire 05. Erotic Loving Mercy 06. One by One 07. Borderline 08. The French Song 09. Neighbor 10. Imbalance
01. Heartbeat 02. Promiscuous 03. Bear Battle of Wolf Crystals, Pt. II 04. Electricity 05. Ready About
01. Shingling 02. Arcin' Sparkin' 03. Rattled 04. The Big Egg (Has Another Egg In It) 05. Easier and Easier 06. Morton Feldman's Super String 07. Poncio's Revenge 08. Witness 09. Do You Know What Schizphrenic Is?
01. Help Me, Mother 02. Don't Wanna Talk About It 03. Family First 04. People of the Rock 05. Taking Root
01. Prelude de la Normalidad 02. Maxwell's Daughter 03. Watch Your Mouth 04. Army 05. The Shape of a Brain 06. Triple Bypass 07. Shooter 08. Birdstrike 09. Tommy 10. Solar Body
01. Codes Swans Tigers 02. Fire! 03. Lightbulb Blind 04. Osteoperosis 05. Poor Nicholas
The only albums with official lyrics are Believing is Believing, Time to Deliver, and Pure Electron. Official lyrics for the
other albums do not exist—I recently emailed Joe Stratton asking about this, and he told me that official lyrics were likely never written down for
any of these songs. Because of this, the lyrics for these songs are unofficial—I am transcribing them myself, as accurately as possible. If you have
any suggestions for changes to these lyrics, do let me know!
If, somehow, this page is found by any members of Not Blood Paint, I would be overjoyed if you're able to share official lyrics for any of these songs. Also, if you'd like me to take this page down for whatever reason, just let me know. This page is just meant to be a place for me to share this music with others, because Not Blood Paint is my second favorite band of all time (second only to Muse, who I don't think could ever be topped by anyone), and I want more people to know of their music because they are criminally underrated.
Like I said, I emailed Joe Stratton recently, and not even he has official lyrics for any of these songs. He did, however, tell me that if he ever has time, he might try to write down the lyrics for a song or two if he can remember them. If he does, I'll share them here, and I'll update this post with which songs he wrote lyrics for. None of the other members seem to have a public online presence, and I've no intention of being weird or invasive, so I will not be asking them about this.
Also, for anyone who's wondering, Not Blood Paint is no longer active. I don't know if they ever formally spoke of disbanding, but Joe Stratton has said that he's a member of this band "in the past," so ... :(